Here's the cast.
First, rinse your chickpeas.
Then pat all those little chickpeas dry.
Dump all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into a food processor.
Then process the heck out of it until you get a nice, smooth batter. I stopped the processor and scraped the sides a couple of times to make sure I got everything well blended.
Then add the chocolate chips. I mixed these in a separate bowl. My dough was a little warm after all that processing. I should have put it in the fridge for a few minutes first to let it cool down, but I was anxious to try these so I went ahead and added the chocolate. My dough turned a little chocolatey when I mixed in the chips because they did melt slightly.
Next, wet your hands and roll the dough into 1-1/2" balls and place them on a lined cookie sheet. I got 14 cookies.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
Oh be still my heart. Cookies that I can totally justify as healthy? Yes, please!
The kids loved them too.
These are best served warm out of the oven. They also reheat beautifully. I found that 8 seconds in the microwave is just about perfect. However, 15 seconds in the microwave + lack of patience when it comes to waiting for chocolate = a burned tongue.
I did not calculate the nutrition on these myself, but I did read that it was somewhere around 120 calories per cookie.
No Flour Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1-1/4 cups canned chickpeas, well rinsed and patted dry (this was slightly less than 1 can)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. natural peanut butter or almond butter (don't use regular peanut butter; the cookies will be too oily)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- a pinch of salt if your peanut butter doesn't have salt in it
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and process until very smooth.
2. Put in the chocolate chips and stir. The mixture will be thick and sticky.
3. With wet hands, form into 1-1/2" balls. Place onto lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes.