Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

This was more or less the view from my window all weekend.


I think we got something like 5 inches of rain. Not much fun! As a result, all of the sporting events our children were to participate in were cancelled. So we found ourselves with a low-key weekend!

I slept in a bit on Saturday morning, and then I got things started with Asylum Volume 2 Upper Elite. This is one tough workout. The combination of resistance training and cardio kicks my bootie every time!

By the time I was finished it was just about lunchtime, so I had my Shakeology for lunch instead of breakfast. Yummo!


Jeff worked some on Saturday, so the kids and I spent the afternoon doing some cleaning. I love that they are all finally old enough to pitch in a little! It makes my life so much easier. 

After Jeff got home, we took the kids to some sweet friends' house to play while Jeff and I had a date!


We went to Chili's because I really, truly love their light menu! I had the Margarita Grilled Chicken. 650 calories and 50 grams of protein, y'all!


Sunday included church and afternoon naps. Our minister has been doing a series on making it a point to rest. This is one lesson I can really get behind!

My May Madness challenge group is going on right now. And let me tell you, if you're not participating, you are missing out!!! It has been a blast so far! The participation has been fantastic, and I think it's keeping everyone accountable for their fitness routines. Jeff is participating too. We made this little video Sunday for the challenge.


So fun! There will definitely be more challenge groups in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled!

Other highlights from Sunday included making Teacher's Appreciation cards with the girls and transforming baby girl's mullet into a ponytail!


All in all, not a bad way to spend a weekend!

Question of the Day:

What do you do with a curly mullet?

No comments: