Saturday, May 25, 2013

Skinny Peanut Butter Pie

Happy weekend, y'all! Hope yours if off to a great start! I have been busy planning a fun Memorial Day cookout menu for the family. Dessert is usually where I start. Because that's my favorite part. There are a few ideas running through my mind right now, but among them is the Skinny Peanut Butter Pie I made a couple of week's ago for Mother's Day.

I found this recipe on Pinterest a few months ago. Anything with the word "skinny" and "pie" in it is sure to get my attention. And Mother's Day was the perfect opportunity to try it out. 'Cause my mom was coming over for lunch and she and I like to have our pie and be skinny too.

Here's the ensemble.


Start with the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl.


Beat those together until smooth.


Then add 1/3 cup Better'n Peanut Butter. I actually didn't have any of this, but I discovered it's pretty much the same thing as reconstituted PB2, and I did have some PB2 on hand. So I reconstituted it myself. 8 Tbsp. PB2 and 4 Tbsp. water worked out to just about 1/3 cup.


Mix in your PB2 or Better'n Peanut Butter and beat until smooth.


Then fold in your whipped topping.


Finally, spoon it into a pre-made graham cracker crust. Don't forget to lick the spoon when you're done.


I stored mine in the freezer. It was great that way, but I wish I'd let it set out on the counter for a few minutes before serving. I did add some chocolate syrup to the pie just before I sliced it.

Pretty, huh?
I figured this is around 275 calories for 1/8 of the pie, and about 225 calories for 1/10. So still a bit of a splurge but certainly lighter than its traditional counterpart. And it was delicious!!! We polished off the whole thing in that one sitting!

Skinny Peanut Butter Pie
  • 5 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (I only had regular cream cheese on hand)
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/3 cup reconstituted PB2 (8 Tbsp. PB2 mixed with 4 Tbsp. water) OR Better'n Peanut Butter
  • 8 oz. whipped topping
  • Pre-made reduced fat graham cracker crust
  • Chocolate syrup
~Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix in PB2 or Better n Peanut Butter and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into pie shell. Refrigerate or freeze at least 2 - 3 hours before serving.

Enjoy!


No comments: