Friday, April 12, 2013

Laundry and PB2

Happy Friday!!! It's been a busy day around here. I started it off with Asylum 2 Back & 6-Pack. That is 40 minutes of some tough core work! Afterward, I made myself a quick Shakeology shake and headed out the door.

After our morning errands, baby girl and I came back home to some major laundry. My husband went to put this shirt on the other day and noticed that it looked like someone had tried to draw a picture on it with an ink pen. I have my list of suspects....

Regrettably, I did not think to photograph this until I had already sprayed the vinegar.
Anyway, I was sure it would never come out, but being the dutiful wife that I am, I knew I had to make some attempt. I used my latest favorite laundry treatment: vinegar + dish soap.


I rubbed the marks really well with a toothbrush that has been designated for such purposes, then threw it in the wash.


To my surprise, almost all the ink came out! Vinegar is quickly becoming my go-to cleaner for everything!


Lunch today included cheese quesadillas on tomato basil tortillas with salsa and a clementine for dessert.


Later this afternoon, I found myself hungry again. While I was out running errands this morning I purchased my first jar of PB2. Have you tried this? It is a peanut butter powder made from crushed peanuts that have essentially had all the oils squeezed out of them. As a result, it has 85% less fat calories than regular peanut butter.


Actually, this is the second jar of PB2 I've owned. My mom gave me a jar yesterday. It expired June 11, 2009. (Love you, Mom!)

Notice the old-school packaging!
In spite of the fact that it was well past its expiration date, I thought I'd give it a try. I opened the jar and smelled it. It smelled just like wet paint. But I wasn't sure...maybe this was normal? So I tasted a little bit. It also tasted like wet paint (at least as I imagine it). I decided to invest in a new jar.

My friend Rachel told me that PB2 is great mixed with vanilla greek yogurt, so I also picked up a container of that this morning. I decided to give this combo a try.


Rachel usually mixes it with 2 Tbsp. of PB2, but I decided to start with just 1.


I mixed it really well with a whisk.


And OH MY! It did not disappoint! I am not ashamed to admit that I licked the bowl clean. Now I wish I had gotten more greek yogurt this morning.

This evening the boy had a baseball game. By the time we got home, I was starving! I whipped up a veggie burger and topped it with pickles, banana peppers and red bell peppers. And another clementine for good measure. It definitely hit the spot!


In unrelated news, should I be concerned that I found baby girl's Barbies in her room this way?


Question of the Day:

Have you tried PB2? What's your favorite way to use it?

No comments: