Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Mondays Stink

I don't care for Mondays. Does anyone? Ours almost always end in a "divide and conquer" kind of evening with the children. Yesterday was no exception.

I got my day started on the right foot with P90X Chest, Shoulders & Triceps. I followed that with a PB&J Shakeology (1 scoop Shakeology + 1 Tbsp. PB2 + strawberries + 1/2 cup skim milk + 1/2 cup water + lots of ice) - YUM! And I topped it all off with some serious cleaning.

Then all the kids came home from school, and things got crazy. Jeff had to work until late yesterday evening, so I was down a chauffeur. I recruited my mom to take daughter #2 to her soccer game. (Thanks, Mom!) Meanwhile, I took the other three to a choir rehearsal for my oldest.

My oldest committed to choir at the beginning of the school year. She is so over it at this point. I am so over it at this point. She didn't want to be there, and I really didn't want to take her, but we are trying to teach her to honor her commitments so we went anyway. 

I decided I would have a good attitude about choir, and I would make good use of this time with the littles. So I took them to the park across the street to pass the 75-minute rehearsal. I came prepared. I brought balls. I brought a bat and glove. I brought a tee. We had a remote-control car. I just knew that we were going to have a good time.

The weather was perfect. Things started out cheerfully as we unloaded all the equipment from the car. The boy and baby girl were running around, enjoying the great outdoors.

We started with baseball. After approximately 9.2 seconds, we were tired of baseball. We tried playing soccer. It took 4.7 seconds for that to get old. I tried teaching them how to make necklaces out of flowers. That lasted about 1 nanosecond. 

The next thing I know, the boy had a bat in his hand, and before I could get the words out to stop him, I was taking a baseball bat to the knee. I don't use a lot of expletives, but I do believe one escaped my mouth at that moment. 

The boy was sorry. I could tell he was. But that didn't lessen the throbbing in my knee. I pointed to the van and ordered him inside. Baby girl could see that it was a good idea to follow suit. I picked up the equipment, and we spent the rest of the rehearsal inside the car in the parking lot. 

I wanted to take a picture of my knee all black and blue to show you all just how badly I had been injured. But it really doesn't look too bad. So you'll just have to take my word for it. As someone who has experienced an unmedicated childbirth, it HURT.

I decided I needed to redeem myself today. So after doing Asylum Volume 1 Speed and Agility, I took the littles to the backyard. They had a really good time finding roly polies and playing on the swing set. Then we had a picnic on the deck. I felt redeemed.

Later this evening daughter #2 was begging me to play soccer with her. I figured this was my opportunity for double redemption after yesterday's disaster, so I obliged. We're kind of at the point now where she is just way better than me. So it was pretty stinkin' hilarious. The eldest daughter offered to photograph the event.

This was the first of many times that she scored on me.


My athletic prowess must be dazzling you.


Well, my sparkling personality will dazzle you for sure.


Our esteemed photographer made us stop for a pose.


There she goes again. In flip flops no less.


It's all good though!


See, we're still friends! And my bra is white. Just in case you didn't notice.


She scares me a little bit though.


And here's a photo of our talented photographer.


And our spaghetti-covered cheering section who found our game so captivating that she took to landscaping instead.


Happy Tuesday, y'all!

Question of the Day:

Have you ever taken a bat to the knee???


No comments: