Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Cleaning

Spring cleaning is in full force around here! I have so many baby clothes that I still haven't gotten out of the house; so far I have packed up at least 10 boxes to donate!

It is bittersweet to say goodbye to those tiny outfits. It's cleansing to know I might be saving myself from being showcased on the next episode of Hoarders, but it's also a little sad to know I won't have another baby. Until my 4 kids start screaming simultaneously. Then the sadness kind of goes away.

Since I'm busy cleaning, I decided I shouldn't overwork myself in the cooking department. Last night we had a bunch of leftovers for dinner. I used some of the leftover BBQ chicken from our Walking Dead party to make myself a delicious salad!


This morning (after my Insanity workout!) I had arranged a playdate for the boy, which meant I got to have a visit with my dear friend, Abby. It's our tradition to eat an unhealthy breakfast together, so I had to pull out the cream cheese casserole recipe again. I only eat it like 3 times a year, I swear!

After Abby left it was time to get back to cleaning. Naturally this meant another simple dinner was in order. I whipped up some leftover spaghetti for the rest of the family, but I was craving a pizza pocket! My sister introduced me to this pita bread a couple of months ago. I found it in the bakery section at Walmart.


With only 60 calories, I love these as a substitute for other breads/crusts. I cut it in half, stuff it with sauce, ONE serving of cheese, and any pizza toppings I have on hand. Today that was bell peppers and banana peppers. Then just heat in the microwave for 45 seconds!


So good! And all for about 200 calories! Which was especially good since I had approximately 12,000 calories for breakfast.


Question of the Day

What's your favorite way to use leftovers?



No comments: